Finally, we got around to installing our snorkel a couple of weeks ago. With much anticipation we started our work. The template that came with our snorkel was pretty awful and useless, so we made our own by transferring the basic outline of the snorkel to a large piece of cardboard. After that we masked the entire fender with tape and marked the center points of the holes. Due to the “wobbliness” of our templates we were a bit unsure and scared when it came to drilling the big hole with our “billig baumarkt crap” hole saw 🙂
Luckily, we had measured correctly!! We then had to paint the holes and screw the snorkel to the fender….
The install went better than we expected, and are very happy with the outcome.